Benefits of Hosting
Winning the right to host the World Amateur Team Championships will deliver real benefits for the host country and cities on a sporting, financial, promotional and social level.
As well as creating economic impact through visitor, the WATC is valuable place branding and destination marketing tool.
Hosting the WATC will provide a great opportunity to develop the game and will help showcase the best teams in different age and gender groups, providing a platform for the achievement of wider social goals and ensuring a legacy plan.
Some of the benefits for the event host may include:
- Merchandising revenue
- Advertising space on field of play
- Promotional support on IGF dedicated webpages and social media channels
- Legacy of golf participation (involvement of fans and community)
- Accelerated development of elite programmes
- Diverse social benefits such as social responsibility campaigns