Golfers with Disabilities
The IGF is recognized by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), as the International Federation for golf that is committed to the development of Para and disabled golf.
The IGF Golfers with Disabilities Committee is an advisory body appointed by the Board that has been established to advise on all matters related to disabled golf.
It comprises of
Antony Scanlon IGF Executive Director
Tony Bennett EDGA
Fredrik Lindgren European Tour
Simeon Hart World Deaf Gold Ass.
Midori Miyazaki Handa SPS
Kevin Barker R&A
Beth Major USGA
Derrick Sheridan MBE World Blind Gold Ass.
Christian Hamilton Golf Australia
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Promote and encourage participation and accessibility of disabled golf
- Enourage the International development of disabled golf
- Create a pathway across all disabled golf classifications for elite disabled golf competitions from club level through to establishment of international events
- Support and encourage National Federations to actively affiliate existing disabled golf organisations and promote integration of disabled golfers into their membership
- Establishment and management of an international classification system for disabled golf
- Develop the bid for golf’s inclusion as a sport on the 2024 Paralympic Games programme
IGF Classification Rules
The IGF Golfers with Disabilities Committee has approved the 2017 IGF Classification Rules.
Rules of Golf for Golfers with Disabilities
The Rules of Golf have been modified to encourage golfers with disabilities to participate in golf. The latest version of the Modification of the Rules for Golfers with Disabilities can be found at: