The International Golf Federation (IGF) was founded in 1958 and is the recognised International Federation within the Olympic and Paralympic Movement. The headquarters of the IGF is located by the shores of Lake Geneva in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The objectives of the International Golf Federation are:
- to encourage the international development of the sport of golf;
- to foster friendship and sportsmanship among the peoples of the world by organising biennially amateur team championships for the Eisenhower Trophy (for men) and the Espirito Santo Trophy (for women);
- to promote golf as an Olympic and Paralympic sport;
- to act as the international federation for golf in the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games and thereby to establish and enforce, in accordance with the Olympic Charter and IPC Handbook, the rules concerning the playing of golf in the Olympic and Paralympic Games and to fulfil in respect of the sport of golf the mission and role of an international federation within the Olympic and Paralympic movements;
- to encourage and support measures among its competitions and members (and their athletes) that safeguard the integrity of golf and protect clean athletes through the fight against doping and the prevention of the manipulation of competitions;
- to encourage and support measures related to the medical care and health of the athletes that participate in International Golf Federation competitions; and
- to secure the enjoyment of the rights and freedoms among its competitions and members without discrimination of any kind, such as race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.
The IGF operates under a collaborative delivery model of staffing and resourcing from its membership using a matrix structure. This structure consists of a small core team in Switzerland, and the utilisation of resources from seven “Delivery Partners” (The R&A, USGA, PGA TOUR, European Tour, PGA of America, LPGA, Masters Tournament) to fulfil our obligations as an International Federation.
International Golf Federation
Maison du Sport International
Av. de Rhodanie 54, 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel : +41 21 623 12 12
Fax : +41 21 601 64 77