- A seven-time winner on the Asian Tour
- Ranked Asian Tour No. 1 in 2015, the year he won two European Tour co-sanctioned events and featured as the first Indian to play in the Presidents Cup
- Competed in the 2016 Olympics in Rio, finishing 57th
- He has competed full-time on the PGA TOUR since 2016
- Was part of the Indian team which won the silver medal in the 2006 Asian Games
- Learned golf from his father, a physician with the armed forces, when he was eight
- Practises Vipassana meditation and is a proponent of this meditation style.
QUOTES: “I know what it is to be an Olympian as I’ve done it before and I don’t want to be just an Olympian. I want to win a medal, I want to do something that makes a difference. I know winning a PGA TOUR event will do that but winning a medal would even do more. I do have a certain responsibility towards the game and my country.”