The IGF is recognised by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), as the International Federation for golf. The IGF is committed to the development of Para and golf for the disabled (G4D).
The IGF Golfers with Disabilities Committee is an advisory body appointed by the Board, to advise on all matters related to golfers with disability (GwD). Key areas of responsibility include:
- Promote and encourage participation and accessibility of golf for GwD.
- Encourage the international development of G4D.
- Create a pathway for all GwD to sample, take part and compete from club level through to global events.
- Support and encourage National Federations to actively affiliate existing disabled golf organisations and promote the inclusion of G4D into their membership.
- Establish and manage an international eligibility/classification system for G4D.
- Develop the bid for golf's inclusion as a sport on the 2028 Paralympic Games programme.