2023 WATC Bid Process Opens
The IGF is pleased to open the bidding process for the 2023 World Amateur Team Championships (WATC) to all IGF National Federation Members (NFMs).
Following the vote of the 2018 Biennial Meeting, the 2023 WATC will become a one-course event per championship with a minimum number of 36 women’s teams and 36 men’s teams. The timeline and requirements for submitting a bid are as follows:
- 1 July 2020 WATC bid information sent to all IGF NFMs
- 1 August 2020 An indication of interest is due to the IGF along with the following information:
- Host city
- Main airport
- Host course(s)
- Host hotel(s)
- Proposed dates
- 15 August 2020 From among the IGF NFMs indicating interest, the IGF will select the members who are invited to submit full bids.
- 1 September 2020 The WATC Application Form is due from the members who were invited to submit full bids. The IGF will review the bid for completeness and work with the NFM to satisfy any remaining document requirements.
- 1 October 2020 The IGF will send the bidding countries’ completed WATC Application Forms to all IGF NFMs.
- 19 October 2020 The NFMs will vote on the 2023 site during the virtual 2020 Biennial Meeting.
Further information and documents about hosting and bidding process can be found in the WATC Hosting Process section.