The Mexican Golf Federation hosted the 2016 World Amateur Team Championship in Riviera Maya, Mexico.
|ESPIRITO SANTO TROPHY (WOMEN)||EISENHOWER TROPHY (MEN)|
|Edition||27th edition||30th edition|
|Dates||14th to 17th September||21st to 24th September|
|Location||Iberostar Playa Paraiso Golf Club||Mayakoba El Camaleón Golf Club|
|Participating countries||A total of 55 teams entered the 26th Women’s World Amateur Team Championship||72 teams competed in the Men's event|
|Results||Results database||Results database|
|Photogallery||Photos of the events are available in the Photo Gallery|
Republic Of KoreaThe Republic of Korea won its fourth Espirito Santo Trophy by a record-equalling margin with a 72-hole total of 29-under-par 547 at the 27th Women’s World Amateur Team Championships at Mayakoka El Camaleon Golf Club. (Choi, Hye jin; Park, Min ji; Park, Hyun kyung)
AustraliaAustralia Records 19-Stroke Victory to Win Fourth World Amateur Team Championship (Cameron Davis; Curtis Luck; Harrison Endycott)
Did you know?
- HOST NATION Mexico is playing in its 28th World Amateur Team Championship. It won the silver medal in 2012. Members of the team were Roberto Halpern, Juan Antonio Estrada and Thomas Lehmann. As the host nation in 1966, Japan finished fifth in the 32-team field.
- 2016 Eisenhower Trophy
- FIRST-TIME PARTICIPANTS Armenia, Haiti, the Republic of Moldova and the Republic of Kazakhstan are making their first appearances in the World Amateur Team Championship.
- OLDEST COMPETITORS Manuel Jimenez (57, born 1-21-59), Ian Espitalier Noel (56, born 2-28-60), Maurice Pasha Brandt (55, born 8-26-61)
- YOUNGEST COMPETITORS Jean-Philippe Mehu (15, born 6-7-01), Kshitij Naveed Kaul (15, born 12-3-00), Panagiotis Pantazopoulos (15, born 9-22-00), Ryan Staykov (16, born 6-13-00), Pedro Silva (16, born 5-9-00), Dean Naime (16, born 5-2-00), Jakub Hrinda (16, born 3-23-00), Adrien Demont de Chassart (16, born 3-1-00), Matyas Zapletal (16, born 2-11-00), Junbin Zhang (16, born 11-27-99), Julian Perico (16, born 11-16-99)
- 2016 Espirito Santo Trophy
- FIRST TIME ENTRIES Two nations are making their first appearances in the Espirito Santo Trophy competition: Bulgaria and Morocco.
- NUMBER OF TEAMSA record 55 teams have entered the 27th Women’s World Amateur Team Championship, surpassing the mark of 53 in Turkey in 2012. Since 2010, at least 50 teams have competed in the Espirito Santo competition: 52 in 2010 in Argentina; 53 in 2012 in Turkey; and 50 in 2014 in Japan.
- Two Espirito Santo Trophy competitors competed in 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro: Leona Maguire for the Ireland and Tiffany Chan for Hong Kong, China. Maguire tied for 21st at 280 and Chan was 37th at 288.
- Additional interesting storylines for 2016 Espirito Santo Trophy and WATC 2016 Eisenhower Trophy have been collected.